3.9 104
Florida 211907
Nov 2009 (Thanksgiving)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Nice place with nice people! I'd come back again. I gave the place a slightly lower mark on location and amenities for two reasons. First, the famcamp is way at the bottom of the peninsula. It takes maybe 10 or 15 minutes to get to the main gate or the bx/commissary -- not a huge deal, but sometimes annoying. Second, Verizon service was not so good. Maybe it was bad weather or just bad kharma, but the Verizon service for voice was very weak and would frequently cut out. Same with Verizon broadband. Although the broadband seemed more stable, it was slow and would also unexpectedly quit. Neither signal was particularly strong. As far as reservations go, we had no problem at all. We called for reservations exactly two weeks before we were going to be there and got a space with no difficulty. However, this was for a short, less-than-2-week stay. If you are just passing through, it seems ok. If you want to camp here for the winter, things are not so easy. Note the lat/long for the Tanker Way Gate in the directions. Unless you like driving at night or unless you arrive on a Sunday, you will most likely come in thru the Tanker Gate. We came thru Tampa via the toll road (618), since we were coming from the south. The tolls from stem to stearn added up to about $9. Given the condition of the road and lack of traffic, it was a bargain. We will most likely leave on I-275 as we are heading north.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or