3.8 47
Florida 217529
17-24 Jan 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Jean (office lady) was friendly enough, stayed in my FW for a week while I was working with an ARNG BN on the north part of the camp; other reviews are accurate: beautiful lake-front campground but many semi-absentee "6-month" stayers limits site availability; poorly thought out landscaping has probably done more harm than good in area around newer sites; (I have posted latest site map so you can see the added sites others have described); base PX is OK (small "field" PX but adequate); Starke is 10-min down SR16 to W; JAX outskirts is about 30 mins NE and St Augustine is about 30 min SE; I got about 12 channels (digital and analog) with a standard roof antenna; you can launch boats/canoes etc from the shore or the nearby REC dock; there's a Conference Center/Restaurant within walking distance (Moody Hall, see REC Area map) that opens for daily meals on weekdays; concur that a bath house in the RV area and laundry facility would be most welcome. The primitive area had the 5 pads mentioned previously as well as several partial (no sewer) sites which serve as overflow when the RV area is full. The lake is beautiful, clear and does, indeed, have great sunsets.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or