4.0 140
Florida 207206
February 12, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

In November I submitted a "Comment Card" to the campground folks expressing concern about their policy of not accepting reservations. I was assured that that there would be no problem with finding a space. Mr. Tony Boob, the Outdoor Recreation Director stated and I quote: "I can't remember a time we ever had to turn a customer away and not be able to park their rig if they showed up on a space available basis." Well, we are the first, apparently. We drove over 100 miles out of our way, narrowly missed the tornado that hit Coco, arriving at dark only to be told that ALL sites were full, including the overflow/primitive areas. The on-duty staff informed me that we would probably not be able to get a site with hookups during the time we were planning to stay in the area. This necessitated our driving an additional 40+ miles to a commercial campground, paying exorbitant rates. I pity the poor folks that do not have the benefit of GPS to find their way around. The gate guard's instructions were OK, but without the GPS we would probably gotten lost and turning a 36' with a pickup tow-behind is no fun. This campground needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Without exception, all of the military campgrounds we visited last summer accepted reservations and non-refundable deposits to ensure that situations like this do not occur. I can assure anyone who reads this that we WILL NOT EVER return or try to use this facility again unless their policies change radically. D.R. Calvert
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or