4.0 140
Florida 207194
June 24-July 1, 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We have a 45' toy hauler. If you're anywhere near this big, pull over in the pullout right before the RV park. There is a camp host right across the street. He was not on duty when we arrived, but was happy to help us. We also have a Jeep, so we took it up to the community center, where the other two camp hosts are and the on duty host checked us in. The sites on the backside of the park are tight. The host laughed at me when I said that, but for us (experienced, fulltime RVers for almost 7 years with a big rig), it looks tight. The sites are close together and the utilities and the picnic tables have barely 8 feet between them, some of the closest we've ever seen. The host made me sign a 3 page "insurance" pamphlet that "if I "broke anything, I'd have to pay to fix it" and proceeded to tell me stories, so yeah, the sites are tight and the twisty-turny roads would've definitely had us curb-checking had we driven through that area with our RV. Instead, we stayed in the front of the RV park in site 63, which was much more spacious with easier access roads, although I still had to be extremely careful backing in to avoid hitting the utilities or the decking. If you have more than one vehicle, you'll have to park one elsewhere. There's a park down the road during the summer, but the host said during the winter, thats not an option. Cell service (Verizon & AT&T) worked great, we never found wifi, and there's no info in the check-in material about wifi, so not sure if it's offered although the map shows a wifi symbol. Laundry rooms are sufficient and very reasonably priced at .75 each. You have to leave the base to go to the beach, it's only open sunrise to sunset, and the main gate, which is the closest, is rarely open after duty hours. You have to take the gate by the 404 by the BX & Commissary.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 15 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts