Colorado 174451
March 1 - April 30
(Updated: April 08, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have stayed at the Academy on numerous occasions since I have family in Denver area and for medical treatments in Denver. I also have been critical of the management of this famcamp in the past. I am very happy to report that everything has improved since my last visit. John and his staff strive to accommodate all RVers. They have added speed bumps because of the people who think it is a 25 MPH instead of 5 MPH. That has helped to keep the dust down (now if the base contractor would obey the speed limit it would be nice). Yes there are still trains but nothing can be done about that and you will get used to it very soon. I wish the sites were more level but every year John brings in more gravel to level the sites, I think the people who spread the gravel might need a class on leveling (IMHO). John is installing a propane tank on site (Really a nice feature) and Harold (?), the maintenance guy is always around and extremely nice. The bathrooms and showers are always clean and kept in great shape. If you come during football season, the stadium is within walking distance and you will see some very good football. FYI there is a new security post on Stadium road so there is one more chance to show you ID if you are driving to the south gate or BX/ gas station. If you need to use the Auto Hobby shop -- the guys there are friendly and know their stuff if you have a question. The golf course is outstanding and Wednesday is retiree day with $25 green fees. I think the famcamp is getting better every time I come back here!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or