Colorado 174263
August 3, 2011
(Updated: August 05, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I was here a couple months ago and have returned during my travels. The purpose of this second review is to recap some of the issues brought up in other reviews. There is some train whistle noise depending on their schedule and is more pronounced at the back of the CG. The airfield traffic from sailplane towing creates some noise, but it’s during daylight hours. The access road is gravel, but well maintained. Some sites are not completely level so if the rig is long more leveling might be needed. Keep in mind that it is Colorado and the CG is in the woods. Satellite coverage depends on the site. Again, you are in the woods. Verizon 3G signal is good. Wi-Fi covers all of the sites. There is usually a special event at each cadet graduation. We were treated to the Thunderbirds air show back in May. Speed bumps have been added. No one who RVs enjoys speed bumps, but I suspect that a few fellow campers continually failed to observe the posted limit and ruined it for the rest of us. Customer service is excellent and should be made the standard for all DoD campground facilities. If you are being a tourist in the area, the MWR office is in the Mini-Mall. Discounts aren’t large, but the convenience of one stop shopping for tickets and local tourist info is invaluable. Outdoor rec also provides some additional services for things like water rafting and equipment rentals. The mall contains many other businesses and the post office. There is a USAA complex a couple miles outside the north gate where you can do limited banking business if you are a member. That area is also most convenient for all off base shopping needs. The CG information mentions that the preferred entrance is the south gate. I don’t know why because the north gate is actually easier to navigate thru with a bigger rig. A third security post has been added in the middle of the base. Depending on direction of travel, you will need to stop and provide ID again. If you happen to need mobile RV services there are a couple who will come to the campground. The office has the POC numbers. You might find a more resort like campground in the area, but Peregrine is the best deal going.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or