4.5 156
Colorado 174280
Mar 20- April 12 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I would not say that this is the best managed famcamp in DOD! There have been no improvements to this famcamp since 2004. The roads into the sites are dirt and therefore muddy whenever it rains. They are raising the rates to $20 starting April 1st. Someone said the sites are level - I don't think you can not find a level site anywhere in the park. On the positive side - Linda at the Rec Center is outstanding!! The bathroom facilities (upgraded in 2004) are always clean and kept in good shape. The maintenance man does a good job but I can't say that he cleans the grills as soon as someone leaves. It is set in the woods which gives you that "camping" experience but it also has the trains and uneven gravel sites. The famcamp setting is great not the management, except Linda! The area is a great place to visit with many many things to do and see but I do not confuse the famcamp as being outstanding just because it happens to be at the foot of the Rockies and locate on the beautiful Air Force Academy. All that said, I like the famcamp, just not enough to say it is one of the best and I really do not like the rate increase (btw - the rate increase is to pay off a 2004 loan to the Air Force).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or