3.3 95
California 92581
June 23-29, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The best thing about EAFB's Famcamp is its proximity to the AF Flight Test Museum, where you can learn about the amazing history of this base and its mission. I went there 3 times during my short visit; it's just that fascinating. The second best thing is the pool, which is within walking distance of your RV. The BX and Commissary are also just around the corner. Andy, the site host, is available on weekends and by phone if you need anything, too. He was very friendly and helpful when we met. I think the photos provided on this site are outdated and ought to be replaced. I should have done that myself but didn't think of it, sorry! In any case, half the sites are so close together as to be horrid (I had a guy next door with 2 barking puppies and bad loud music that I had to say something about), while those that are nicely spaced are (it seems) permanently occupied. It was frustrating and one of the reasons I chose to leave a day and a half early. But...I am definitely going back. I really wanted to see more of the test flights (seeing the F22 was just awesome!), but the entire F35 fleet was grounded due to a tail fire on one at Eglin while I was there. I'll be passing through on my way back to Tucson, though, and look forward to a) seeing a JSF sortie, and b) finding a primo spot by sheer miracle! ;o)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or