4.0 75
California 102403
July 1-4, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We dropped the kids off at camp in San Diego and my wife and I towed the Toy Hauler to Fairways RV Resort. Whenever the word "Resort" is in the title, you will pay more, $30 a night. Yes, it is expensive than most but you get what you pay for. The grounds are beautiful and well manicured. The spaces are wide with nice grass between sites. In addition, they have coffee and doughnuts at the office in the morning and a free laundry mat. We brought our two doberman's and there was places to run the dogs at night. The rules say that there is a maximum of two dogs per site and they must be on a leash at all times. At the camp site there is full hook ups with cable TV. The pad is relatively level with plenty of extra parking. Also at the camp site is a fixed charcoal BBQ. We saw the new part of Fairways almost completed. It is planned to be completed in August. It is as nice or nicer than the old part. Also the base theater is being remodeled as well and should be open by now. They offer free WiFi, however I could never get it to connect. There is no fire ring at the site, nevertheless we brought our own. Overall we enjoyed our time at Fairways and would go back again. I wished more military installations were as nice as Fairways. We enjoy camping at military installation as they are safe, other campers are friendly and there is no riffraff. Fly your American flag and enjoy your benefits.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or