California 118047
Mar 1, 2012 - Sep 10, 2012
(Updated: February 18, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I rated this camp high as the price was fair at $17.00 per night. I have been visiting Travis FamCamp for years, yes Toni was VERY obnoxious and it took some time to finally put him in his place. Eventually he left us alone, That said, the new management is doing a good job,I feel pretty bad not remembering the new Mrs.? who is running the office, however, she is very courteous, friendly & seems to have settled into the job well. That said, My only gripe is that I need to return and now on this site, I notice the price has gone up to $20.00 per night, adds up when you need to stay involuntarily for medical reasons and the like. After all, as a 100% disabled Veteran, the government wasn't very generous and my income is limited (Fixed), but it is what it is and I don't imagine I'm alone in feeling this way. So, for anyone planning to visit for the first time, enjoy, the location is as good as it gets, close to everything you will need both on & off base.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
August 26, 2013
I concur, I too am a 100% USAF Veteran and agree that $20 per night is tough when on a fixed income, and the 1.6% COLA doesn't cover the extra $3.00 per day. Then again, as you said, "It is what it is", I imagine that all !00% Disabled Veterans would agree unless of course they receive a second retirement income. That said, the FamCamp is one of the better ones I've been at, Tuscon has a great FamCamp with cement pads, Gravel landscaping and close to everything. I think they may be the #1 of USAF Camps. Things have definitely improved since Tony & Mary left, after all, most of us have parked our own rigs for years and didn't need someone who didn't even drive tell us how to park. The new mgmt. is an improvement in itself.
1 results - showing 1 - 1