California 157646
08 Aug to 07 Sep 2012
(Updated: September 03, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

If hospitality were a separate category it would be a 5+. The billeting office personnel, security forces and all folks I talked to were awesome! When we came here almost ten years ago for the first time we thought this was a diamond in the rough. During the time up to now many improvements have been made very slowly and much in thanks to the officer who is in charge of facilities. I have talked with him often during stays as he is anxious to hear comments about the park. Of course the biggest complaint is the lack of road base and the mud bog the place turns into during a rain storm. We and many folks I know will not come here during the rainy season. We MAY have road base down within 90 days.....have heard that before! The problem is the installation does not receive MWR funds and depends on the State of California for budget money, good luck, as everyone knows California is broke! I have heard suggestions from other RVers to get the Seabees in to do the road work or the ANG Prime Beef units. Perhaps that could be looked into. During our stay we experienced the Labor Day weekend. It seems that some guy reserved two RV sites and packed them with tents and about 30 people, half of them kids who had no clue as to RV etiquette and walked, ran and rode bikes through everybody sites. They washed vehicles on the lawns and broke about 4 other rules. When you check in, you are not asked what type or size of RV you have so the billeting office had no idea that this guy did not have a rig. By reg they should have been in the overflow sections. There is a gentleman who drives through the park Tue through Sat and does minor maintenance. He is really a nice guy but he needs to have more authority to correct folks that are obviously breaking the regs, and maybe Security should be versed on the regs since they cruise the park often. On top of asking what type of RV you have when making reservations in the (RV) park, a copy of the regs should be presented, read by the camper and signed in understanding. We will keep visiting the park because of it's location, it's great employees and it is fun watching the park improve. As I told the Facilities Officer, build it and they will come!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or