California 164349
May 2012
(Updated: June 27, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

You can't beat the location! The beach here is very nice, clean - sort of- every time we came back from the beach we had tar all over our feet. We didn't go in the water, but there were plenty of kids who did & it looked very shallow. We also saw plenty of birds, dolphin & sea lions. One person even saw a Whale. If you go to the end of the street in front of the motel, you would see the sea lions lying on the sand, they looked like a bunch of rocks. We enjoyed riding our bikes around the area as there is very little traffic & it's mostly flat. I think they had new workers when we checked in because the person didn't know which sites would accommodate a 40' class A or anything about the sites. He told us to go pick one out. Also, there are a lot of weeds in the gravel areas, so that could use some clean up. All the staff was very nice & helpful. The laundry area was clean & FREE! We didn't use the rest rooms. Try to bring everything you need because stores aren't close & the base exchange is a HUGH RIPOFF! I feel sorry for the people who live on base & need to use it. I bought a dozen eggs, which cost twice the price of eggs at Target & a loaf of bread that $1 more for the exact same kind. Port Hueneme isn't too far (not for a quick pickup of milk or bread) & you can do major shopping there. Overall, it was a good place to go & we would return if in the area again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or