California 214091
Oct-Nov 2011
(Updated: July 26, 2014)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As with our previous stays it is a 5 star location, excellent restrooms and showers- but you gotta be tough here for it is a dry camp and the SEALS train here with their choppers and boats..so the noise is there..but it is the "Sound of Freedom" to my ears. As an update to our previous 2 reviews I must add that several longer term guests disobeyed the no-smoking policy which made the Rec room unusable to us and even with signage there is little to no enforcement as a big ashtray is right by the door which gives almost defacto permission to smoke there. One of the staff has become quite rude and surly and I checked with other guests to see if it was just us...but alas she was the same --an equal opportunity rude-person...tread lightly and do not ask for too many details and you will be ok. You will be able to tell who it s...the string is strung tight. All other staff including top management are excellent and perhaps are working the issue. The check in rule is obnoxious..we were made to wait in the parking lot for 4 hours before we could go to our site. THE RUB: 1-Site was empty, 2- it was not being cleaned 3- there was absolutely no work being done on the site and 4- It is a dry camp and there is no reason what so ever to line the rigs up in the parking lot till checkin. Del Mar, San onfore and many others on the west coast let you in if the site it empty...this should be changed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or