California 118146
30-31 july 2011
(Updated: July 31, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First time and last time at travis air force base famcamp. park manager was obnoxious, irritating and down right rude, in over 200,000 miles on my truck and trailer, and 2,500,00 miles commercially. I never had any place require me to back in on the blind side and stand in my mirror. Having pets i am use to cleaning up after them, and the regs on where to walk them, however never told in the manner in which i was told, even in military parks across the states. Their dog walk was not welled checked, as pet poo was everywhere, told how to get to the pet walk, as any other way was illegal, saw several others not using the right way to pet walk, but using the ball park for their pets. After 21 years in the Navy , Viet nam war, and a disabled vet, and a native born American, the abusive manner in which the park manager gave his instructions was appalling even to my army vet disabled wife. This is the first base, from coast to coast , north to south, that i was treated with such disrespect. Does the manager have a dislike for navy vets or pet owners or is this is his normal, that any rate its past time for a replacement. Only allowed to stay the weekend, due to too many pets, but that's ok, state parks like my retired navy pay ,,, sorry air force,,go navy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or