California 232089
13 May 2011
(Updated: May 14, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have worked on delmar for several years and have seen changes good and bad. The good - great location, close to exchange, easy access from highway, safe. Bad - terrible customer service from mccs which is typical for them, then they wonder why they fail, just like the new exchange that is being built, great location and long overdue, but they will screw it up by putting items in there that your average marine can't afford. Good luck with that one. Enough bitching about mccs, I think you get the point they are worthless and marines in general do not support them. Getting back to the beach. They are trying to make the delmar beach the hale koa of the west coast, which will raise prices dramatically. The bathhouses are simply disgusting, always dirty and I'm not talking sand dirty. There is a lot of construction going on with the cottages, they look nice from the outside, but haven't seen inside of one yet. What they need is a smaller exchange on the beach, not a trailer, which can sell beer, soda, ice, etc, etc. The other thing they are missing out on is the center piece of the beach should be the middle center stage beach area. They need to turn that into an outdoor beach club where people can order food or beverages. Fire pits are nice. On the south end of the beach, they have fenced off a large area because of the endangered birds, what a joke, do they really think that will last. The food trailer is terrible, you might as well heat up mre's in the microwave and eat them. Bottom line, I've been going to this beach years not because of mccs, but because it is on base, it is big and safe. Don't waste your money by buying anything from mccs, take a cooler full of drinks, bags of chips, food and you can cook your own. If mccs wasn't involved with this beach, it would be top notch, but because they are involved, don't waste your time in supporting anything they do, bring your own stuff. If you have an rv, you might want to look elsewhere, they raised their prices and they aren't worth it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or