3.8 64
California 232381
April 3, 2011
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed in one of the one bedroom cottages on the beach. I have to say it's the best deal going!! I think the $50 campsites are a bit pricey. But $85.00 for a cottage right on one of the nicest beaches in Southern California is the best deal around! I was expecting a studio type apartment, but these have a separate living room/kitchen and bedroom with closing door. The couch in the living room folds out into a small double bed. So you could easily put an adult or two children on that (there are extra linens provided). Plus there is enough room for an air mattress in that room too. The family next to us had 3 adults and 2 children and they said they were comfortable. I just mention all this because they say it only sleeps two, so I was expecting something smaller with no fold out couch. And then the best part...the beach!! Our cottage was right on "Kids Cove", which is protected by a jetty so there aren't really any waves. It was perfect for us and our toddler! There are fire rings (almost enough for each cottage to use one), and grills and picnic tables. It seems that there was only one picnic table for every two cottages, which seemed strange. But there was one right out in back of ours and nobody else wanted to use it. My one complaint was how stocked the kitchen was...they say that it has everything you need for cooking. But apparently not for the way I cook! There were: 2 pots, 1 pan, 1 spatula, 1 mixing spoon, 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 forks...you get the idea, the BARE minimum. The things I needed but didn't have were: can opener, measuring cup, mixing bowls, cutting knife, dish towels. There weren't even any paper towels. Luckily I brought a roll and I used a bath towel to dry dishes. So if you're going to do any of your own cooking, bring everything you might need except the pots, pans and dishes. Also, the floors are all tiled, there's not a rug in the place. It makes sense being right on the beach like that, rugs would just get ruined. But it means that you're walking around on hard tile that's always a bit sandy. Doesn't feel too good on the feet. Next time I'll bring a couple of our camping rugs for by the door and the kitchen. And maybe a pair of slippers. But that might just be my pet peeve, like I said, I wouldn't want carpet in there. It would be impossible to keep clean with all the sand, etc. Oh, and they are currently remodeling the cottages, so it seems they will only get better with time! The newer remodels seem to have wind break walls around the patios, and maybe they'll each have a picnic table in there?? We can't wait to go back and see!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 12 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or