4.4 37
California 76317
May 21-28, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are still at this great place. If they could add another 30 sites, it would be a great boon to the military RV community. A great jumping off point for touring the area, from San Francisco, to Bodega Bay and points North on CA-1. There is no way I would want to do CA-1 in a motor home or large RV trailer. There are signs posted that tandem axle over 30 ft in length should avoid portions of the highway. The gym is the place to check in with. A little clarity on the directions once on-base. There are two entrances to the old helo pad just past the gym on the left side, and recreation parking lot mentioned. One is on Pennsylvania Ave, and the other is on to turn right on Colorado Avenue and enter there. The one off of Pennsylvania Avenue is a sharp turn and a down hill drive onto the parking lot. We exited there as you will need to travel down Colorado Avenue and turn right on Wisconsin Avenue. The helo parking lot is large enough to U-turn if there are no vehicle parked in there. Either exit is doable. Travel to the end of Wisconsin Avenue to the stop sign. This will be Pennsylvania Avenue again. Turn left, and just past the picnic area is the horseshoe driveway for the RV park. As to the galley food, we have found it excellent so far, and I doubt if we will be disappointed. All of the personnel and staff have been very friendly and helpful when information was needed. I gave the amenities a 4 rating because of the lack of sewer connection. Everything else has been great. We stayed here in a motor home and would return again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or