3.8 64
California 231669
21 May - 4 June 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a great location to relax for a bit. Yes, you see the Marines doing P.T. and their vehicles come thru the park a lot of mornings to launch off the beach next to the park...that doesn't bother us at all! To us, that is one of the great things about staying in military parks--you get to see our military train for what they do best. For some reason, if you reserve for two weeks, they put you in the very back...farthest from the ocean so you get no view. Not sure why, and no one could tell me! There were many spots empty during the time we were there, but that didn't seem to matter. After Memorial Day, they did let us move up one row, which was a bit better but still two rows of RVs in front of us (when they were there). We did not use the bath house at all--it is definitely for the campers! But, that is why we bought the RV, so we could be comfortable/self-contained when we needed to be. I would not recommend using the laundry at the Park. Very dirty and the dryers did not work...I ended up packing up my clothes and taking them to the laundry next to the small exchange and starting over. I do think the cost is a bit steep for what they offer, but it is beautiful when you get up in the mornings and walk the beach. I would stay here again just for that!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or