3.8 64
California 232415
Oct, 26 - Nov 25, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

F.J. left this review using the Directory software: I have very mixed feelings about this place. I booked for a month and was assigned a site at the very back of the camp where I can barely see the ocean. To get to the ocean I have to walk through other campsites as there are no access paths. Most of the week the camp is 90 % empty but is fuller on weekends. The sites nearest to the ocean are configured so that larger vehicles have to back into them, frequently into deep sand. Camp site maintenance is minimal with small trash left on the sites for weeks. The office staff is not very friendly or helpful, and occasionally abrupt. The listed facilities - store, dining, etc - are not within walking distance. The restrooms for tent campers are odorous, run down and feature group showers. I don't mind the daily reveille at 0530 or the frequent parade of armoured personnel carriers through the camp - the sounds of freedom. On he positive side all sites are 50 Aamp full hook-up. The fixed price, $30/day for everyone, tent to Class A, is high for the degree of service. I give this place 2 stars our of five based on lack of concern by the staff and the lack of maintenance. They do have cabins for $70/day which may be better.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or