3.4 53
California 65159
20 June 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First off the two people at the front desk were super friendly and helpful and the park was reasonably clean and well kept. Unfortunately, that is the only plus for the price of this park. It's location is approximately 2 hours from the national parks or the coastline. You can stay closer to either area for the same price or cheaper even "on the economy". According to one of the people at the front desk, their rates had gone up about 4-5 times in the last year and a half. This coincides with the opening of their new rec center building by the way. Their price of $23 now is up 65% from what was published in the last book. None of the other places I have stayed at were close to this rate increase. The justification for the rate increase according to the front desk is that they have free laundry and wifi in the rec center. How much laundry do I have to do to make that worth while? As far as the wifi goes, I think that every place I have stayed has free wifi at the library or some other location and many places you can get it at your campsite. Additionally, my cellphone (Verizon) did not work at the campsite and hence broadband internet. While this is not the campground's fault, it does add to the overall value or attraction for me to return to this FamCamp. I was asked to fill out a customer comment card by the front desk people. I told her I would rather speak in person if possible to voice my concerns. (The cards are just to easy to disregard if they don't like what they say.) I have made many phone calls to Ron who is the person in charge. None of my phone calls have been returned as of this date. Once again I would like to say that the front desk people were really great and helpful. Their boss was not. In my opinion this is a $15 or $16 FamCamp.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or