California 101546
25-28 May 2007
(Updated: June 01, 2007)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed in section 2, site 17. As jpbarnes444 notes, it was crowded, but noise was not much of a factor for me. The site is asphalt with a slight slope side to side. The firepit was located in a grassy area at the rear of the site. An aluminum picnic table is provided and was in good condition. Fishing is available, but signs are posted that it is currently catch and release. The checking process was smooth. Reservations were made by phone, and I confirmed my site at that time. There is not a lot of shade along sites 1-17 in section 2, but site 18 offers partial shade with a larger area to the left of the site for extra parking, etc. The site was $18 per night (water/electric). The bathroom (at least the men's) could use a little maintenance like new paint and at least another shower. There is a mini-golf across the lake from the campground. It appeared to be in better shape than when I stayed there last year. Base security patrols the area frequently. Newspaper stands are replenished daily. EDIT-BTW, keep track of your firewood. Mine was stolen out of the firepit...
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or