3.8 47
Arizona 152464
16 October 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is the second time I have stayed at this facility... both times in the main lodge. I would echo and agree with all the the previous comments shown below. The staff was very courteous and helpful. My queen room was standard hotel stuff, but a value at $65. The lodge and cabins are very popular in the summer as a cool escape from the heat in Phoenix and in the winter for winter sports and skiing. They are full most weekends so reserve early. I was here this time to visit old RV friends staying in the RV campground in their Class C. The water was turned off and this was the last weekend the campground would be open until next spring. The RV spaces are tight and certainly not friendly for large rigs in the 40ft+ range. Most of the spaces would not be adequate for my 30ft. Airstream trailer and you'd better be well practiced in your backing/parking skills because there are numerous trees. As one previous person commented, this Rec area seems to favor the Lodge, cabins, and Yurts over the RV camp which would be very difficult and expensive to upgrade. With only 15 and 30 amp service and the outlets oddly placed, this RV campground is suited best for smaller rigs, pop-ups and Class Cs. It is great for tent camping and closely located to Flagstaff, well known in the RV community for being ANTI-RV friendly. (You cannot over night at the Wal-Mart or any other open parking lot - they will even run you out of the Fairgrounds next to Ft. Tuthill if you plan to stop overnight.)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or