4.5 201
Arizona 183910
October 24 - 31, 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a wonderful facility with full hookups and flat, level sites. The restroom/bath house was clean and well-maintained. The FamCamp staff was very nice and helpful. The base is close to nearly any store or service you might need within a few miles of the main gate. Both the commissary and the BX are large and well-stocked. There was no problem getting a site in late October as the FamCamp was only about 60% full when we arrived. I was stationed at Davis-Monthan 40 years ago so it was fun to see how things had changed. The communications facility I worked in is now an open field. Probably that's because it mostly contained an analog telephone switching center and switchboard that probably went the same way as telephone booths and fax machines. There is probably more computing power in my cell phone today than there was in the whole building back then, lol... Be sure to take the 30-mile scenic drive up Mount Lemmon to the Sawmill Run Restaurant. There are fantastic views getting there and back, and they have great burgers and sandwiches at reasonable prices!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or