4.4 55
Arizona 94008
May 11, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Looking for an alternative to Flagstaff we previewed this new park while staying in Williams. The location was EZ on & off the freeway; signage is decent; the gate security person was pleasant and gave good directions including a print-out with more detailed info about the campground. From my perspective, the campground is not yet ready-for-prime-time but has great potential. Interior roads (and sites) are dirt - when hot & dry, dust covers anything that moves; when wet & cold, mud is likely. The sites are back-in in a woodsy environment. Hook-ups include electric and water; shower and laundry facilities should be complete in the future. Fees are said to currently be $15/nite to rise slightly to $18 when more of the amenities are available. For what is offered, I believe that is high and I'm basing that on having stayed in many of the military campgrounds. However, this campground has much going for it so if you're passing through and don't want to pay some of the tourist prices in Flagstaff or Williams, this isn't a bad deal at all. We may return at a later date.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or