What size travel trailer?

More
11 years 10 months ago #10199 by monkey44
QUOTE: "What is a truck camper?"

A fully self-contained RV that sits in the bed of a pickup truck ... kitchen, shower, frig, etc. Q-Bed sticks out above the cab ...

Go to www.lancecampers.com or www.northern-lite.com for examples

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10200 by Hank85713
they are small travel trailers that fit in the back of a pickup for all purposes! Really they are generally 10-12 ft long fit in the truck bed and really are nice, but when looking at new ones you can buy a nice TT or small 5er for same $$. now they have slideouts, outside cooking, etc just like the trailers do. just look up Lance or truck camper on your search engine and you are in for a surprise. Some now are custom made and are called Earth Roamer, the turtle expedition has a custom one built on a F450 I think it is. There are some neat ones just more $$ than I have or would spend on one.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10201 by Hank85713
here is an example, found it while browsing craigs list.
Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago #11396 by SkyWatcher
20 foot trailer is a bit tight, I would go at least to a 24-26' trailer, that 1500 can go up to 7500lbs towing if I'm not wrong, but before going to a trailer check out some same size 5th wheels which is better for towing and less equipment to hookup which help eliminate trailer sway, with a 5th wheel you back up to it hook up electrical plug and breakaway switch and get going and no trailer sway with no extra equipment.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds