Set-up for Home DTV to go on the road.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9457 by monkey44
We have the 'standard' box as it costs less and with our DTV, we get plenty of clarity ... and we have no internet in the wall so can't get on-demand movies as I understand it ... maybe I'm wrong?

We would like the catalog free movies, the on-demand DirecTV offers, but can't seem to get that with standard ... if we can't get it, that's one thing, if we can, and just don't know how, that is my question. I think we're out of luck ...

Although lately we got into the "Red Box' dvds and that's sure worth a buck each. PPV and movie channels are so expensive ($5 per movie) it's become ridiculous ... and that's after you already pay a monthl fee.

I've noticed lately too, lots of 'terrible' movies (how did they even get made) and repeats, repeats, repeats. Makes us want to go back to the 'no TV' stage ...

Matter of fact, DirecTV claims you get 200 plus channels -- has anyone ever counted the "sales" and "advertising" channels, and the channles that occur in more than one space. we'd end up with about twenty-five, not the 200 they claim ...

SO, am still looking for an actual list of what it takes to go from Antenna to TV, what are the 'pieces' I need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9461 by ErnieT
I had the dish on a tripod and it was a pain !!! Got the cube and all you do is set it out side and it does all the work. You can tell it where you are or tell it you are home to see local news if you want. I am with the dish network. I did not get pay as you go. It was cheaper to leave it on. I have Comcast at home.
Ernie

More
12 years 3 months ago #9525 by johnsonwj
I would just like to get satalite to watch the normal channels, CNN NBC etc. What is needed for that.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9531 by ErnieT
Go to your local dish rep and he can set you up. Or he will sell you a cube if you want. We get all the local channels.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #9533 by pricejh

monkey44 wrote: SO, am still looking for an actual list of what it takes to go from Antenna to TV, what are the 'pieces' I need.

If you have a cable connection on the outside of your rig, then you will need the following:

1. Satellite dish (your choice)
2. About 50 ft of good coax
3. Your receiver (box)
4. Your TV

Set up the dish outside, connect the cable to the dish, connect the cable to the trailer, turn everything on, align dish, watch TV.

That, in theory, is the process.

If you don't have a cable connection on the4 sitside of the rig, then snake the coax cable through a window, connect to the box, connect to the TV, turn on, align and watch.

That help? You should not have to purchase any boosters, connectors etc. Famous last words.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by pricejh. Reason: spelling

More
12 years 3 months ago #9547 by johnsonwj
You useing the cube? If so do you like it and does it work well?

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds