Set-up for Home DTV to go on the road.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9549 by monkey44
So, basically it sounds like we can get 'some services' on DirecTV but not all services. Better some than nothing, sometimes I suppose.

We're getting ready to head out on our first long trip with a TV package, and have never used it before. But we're signed up for two-years DirecTV, so might as well use whatever we can on the road - we're paying anyway.

But after reviewing this info, will probably stick with the basic TV package maybe and forget the movies component. PPV is higher by about three times the cost of RedBox ... $4.99 vs $1.10 and the same movies almost ... We notice RedBox is all over, including most bases, and we can take out a movie and return it anywhere in any RedBox and can pre-order so it's there where you want it when you arrive.

Some of you on-base fulltimers might look at these RedBox and save a few bucks too. Some old movies but lots of new ones as well.

Thanks for all the info - good luck in the road - we're heading for the west coast along the southern routes again in a week or so ... :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9552 by Sarge3398
Hey Monkey!!

Which way are you heading west? If you're passing anyway near me, I'll be glad to lend you my VuQube for your trip. I won't be needing it this year, so it would just be sitting in the house gathering dust. :lol:

You'll just need to have an RG-6 Cable. I'll need mine.

Let me know...if you're passing close enough, I'll meet you someplace.

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
12 years 2 months ago #9553 by monkey44
We plan to head west along I-10 and vary the route up and down along it for areas to visit - staying in the warmth for a month or so - we're not in a hurry ... but may detour up your way and take you up on that ... will get in touch. Can always buy a cable ... will give us a chance to see how it works and if we want to continue with it. thx B&G

More
12 years 2 months ago #9557 by ErnieT
Let me know whey you get to Jacksonville Florida. I'll bring my cube over and let you see how it works.Camp Blanding and Mayport spots are nice right now..
Ernie

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #9558 by monkey44
We live in Jacksonville ... we have a condo here. But we go to Mayport and Blanding and Kings Bay often.

We're packing now for a west coast trip - leaving in a week for about two / three months ... or longer if we don't get tired of it. Which I don't :):) so will be back when we get here.

Sarge offered to let us borrow his to test, and if we like it will buy it maybe ... Sarge bought one of those "fancy kind" that does HD - so will meet him when we leave and check it out.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by monkey44.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds