Retirees beign paid through shutdown

More
10 years 7 months ago #12187 by Hank85713
monkey, think you got your partys and branches wrong. Yes bho is/was a great mistake but so would have been mclame IMO. Only thing he did right was vp pick and then he bailed on her just as he has done as a senator for this state of az. We have not had any good/qualified candidates in almost 30 years. Romney would have been better but you just cant tell the truth (47% now confirmed as 43%), nor not be part of the good ol boy network. The MSM, just has this thing about the libs/progressives dems or whatever you want to call them. All blame is the r's, the d's are darling and would 'never' do anything for the nation....er to the nation!

I had to talk to SSA folks the other day about benefits and the lady was just as angry at the situation as many are. When I asked why penalize folks that still work and pay those that dont she agreed that the admin DOES NOT want contributors, they basically want the takers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12188 by monkey44
You're right we haven't had a leader in office for years and years ... but at least with McCain we'd not be in this ridiculous situation.

Romney is a joke, and not a funny one. He was governor of Mass while I was living there. As rich as he is, he tried to cheat on his taxes and got caught with his pants down.

Problem is, all the corporations get the leaders, and then of course, pay them millions and millions even when they fail. But political office nowadays is all about EGO and not about leading.

I've long believed the two-party system as it is will allow this kind of ridiculous childishness. In order to work properly, we need an Executive Branch that is independent of a political party, one that works for the benefit of the people, not the party of his backing. Otherwise we have always the potential for what we have now.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12189 by Hank85713
well romney being rich already made him more of a guy to be elected than bho. I will give anyone a chance no matter if they can show how they got where they are. bho went form NOTHING but a druggie to where he is by how? He hides all his records, NOT ONE person from any college, or univ has ever stepped forward to say 'I knew him when', same with his wife! We do know who he associated with and still does. His sole job was as a supposed lawyer as a community activist. He was supposedly on the newspaper at law school, but nothing has ever been shown of what he did and if he was a 'constitutional' lawyer/teacher he obviously never knew what he was talking about and owes those that sat through his classes a refund it would seem.

Everything is about him, nothing for the country, everything for him and he is not accountable for anything, even now when its his fault and those of his own party for the condition we now find ourselves in.

Guess we will never learn will we?

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #12203 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Retirees beign paid through shutdown
sorry
VA guide on their page indicates my status of compensation if the shutdown prolongs

the ss office told us about ss pay only...omg could imagine if ss had conrol over va
they told me because I was 100% with va that it did not mean that ss considered my disabled
yes they did say it
I am refiling this month after a two year hiatus and surgeries

More
10 years 7 months ago #12207 by monkey44
Yes, VA and SS have different guidelines for 'disabled' -- and SS does not always agree with VA at 100% for a variety of reasons. SS requires you to be "totally unable to work at all" -- VA is a little different than that, and VA has a work guideline that says you can earn a maximum amount and still be rated 100% ...

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #12231 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Retirees beign paid through shutdown

monkey44 wrote: Yes, VA and SS have different guidelines for 'disabled' -- and SS does not always agree with VA at 100% for a variety of reasons. SS requires you to be "totally unable to work at all" -- VA is a little different than that, and VA has a work guideline that says you can earn a maximum amount and still be rated 100% ...

yep its a small 6000.00 a year so basically zilch
sort of sucks...but I really dont do well in the sandbox anymore and take lots of stretch breaks and the like

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds