• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #12162 by a Guest
Retirees beign paid through shutdown was created by a Guest
received this today from the payer

Retirees and Annuitants,

You will continue to receive your pay on time during this government shutdown.

Military retirees and annuitants are not paid from Continuing Resolution Act (CRA) appropriations. Therefore, your payments are not affected by this shutdown.

For more information, please visit

www.dfas.mil/pressroom/govtshutdown.html

Government Shutdown: Frequently Asked Questions

www.dfas.mil/pressroom/govtshutdown/crafaq

I guess someone thought ahead...surprise surprise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12165 by popeye
But VA Disability Pay isn't covered by that and is expected to be disrupted if the shutdown lasts more than 3-4 weeks.

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #12181 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Retirees beign paid through shutdown
as of today of the 17th comes and no deal
then retainers and va comp wil be non existent come nov 1st

in fact ss checks that go out the 16th will be the last ones of the 17th arrives with no fix
so we are looking at a WHOLE bunch of folks getting the big screw real soon\ all the while the congress gets paid to argue and act like horses rear ends

More
10 years 7 months ago #12183 by monkey44
Can you explain where you got this info?

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #12184 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Retirees beign paid through shutdown

monkey44 wrote: Can you explain where you got this info?

social security office
I had to call and get the skinny because my mother heard a rumor so we made a call
her check goes in the third weds of the month

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #12185 by monkey44
SO, you're saying the SS office told you the retired pay and the VA pay will stop Nov 1st.

I doubt the SS office knows that, and I've gotten so much 'wrong' information on SS in the past, I'd never believe it even if they told me - and based on the law now, SS and VA is guaranteed funding in every budget.

And, the VA is still operating, it's not shutdown ...

I can't imagine congress surviving a non-payout of SS and VA - the outrage (and the organizations protecting those benefits) would storm the White House - there would be enough voters to recall the president and every congressman in office immediately.

ON EDIT: Now, I'm, seeing news reports that say retirement pay is not effected, but VA benefits are... Even so, I can't even imagine any elected official in congress surviving a non-payment of VA benefits.

BUT, the shoe is now on the other foot - Republican led Senate passed a resolution to pay VA, but the Democratic house blocked it. SO, the children in congress are squabbling over health care and VA funding. Each one taking a side - someone ought to slap every one of these idiots alongside the head and make them stand in a corner and wear a pointed cap until they pass a budget. Congress has had a year to do this, and hasn't.

Obama is looking to have his legacy titled 'Healthcare', and that's the only thing on his mind - otherwise, he's done nothing productive in six years. And his healthcare programs will not work as written anyway. This country made a huge mistake when it elected Obama over McCain in 2008 and we're paying for that error right now, and will continue for the next several years while we climb out of this mess.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by monkey44.

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds