Home Depot Military Discount

More
10 years 11 months ago #11733 by floridakamper
I registered a couple of days ago and today I received an email from Home Depot that Welcomed me to the Military Appreciation Program. I had to go to Home Depot again today for a purchase (it happens a lot) and they asked if I was registered and I said yes. I had to enter my phone number into the credit card reader and it approved the discount. When I got home I had another email that was a receipt for the transaction I just completed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #11738 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Home Depot Military Discount
it must be an area manager thing
our hd here in north east texas, just look at the ID and say thank you for your service
bleep bleep off goes 10%
lowes is the same

I would email the main offices and get some clarification on policy

More
10 years 11 months ago #11740 by monkey44
I've bought there a lot and always showed my ID at the counter, got the discount right there. Never registered, never done anything but show ID.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11749 by dpicard
Have to use Lowes where I am now, no HD close by. But, just show ID and 10% comes off. Just did it with $2400 purhcase and got 10% off the total amount.

Previous Home we use HD all the time, I do like them better and never had an issue. I suspect that this is a new program that they are trying to get nationwide but is slow in coming.

Lowes in my old home town had to get the manager to come and approve the 10% discount. Always had to wait, I thought it was a nationwide thing, and come to find out it's that damn stores manager policy. I complained when they tried to tell me it was corporate policy, I informed them it was not, because the other stores I had been to you just show your ID and the cashier punches in the discount and off you go.

But, I love tieing up the line while you wait for the manager. I inform the others behind me that it's this stores stupid policy.

Love the discount at both.

More
10 years 10 months ago #11844 by dottied
I use Home Depot all the time because of the discount. Have never had any issues nor have I had to register. They now have a bar code on their registers where they just scan for the military discount. Quick and easy. A few employees even have thanked me for my service. It's nice to hear that. I have also gotten discounts from other local home repair businesses using Home Depot as the example competitor giving discounts and they should too. Part of my intent to do this is education to the business to give military discounts.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds