Home Depot Military Discount

More
10 years 11 months ago #11712 by floridakamper
We're staying in Fort Myers Beach, Florida for a month. Today I went into a local Home Depot and while paying for my purchase I showed my military ID and asked for the military discount. The cashier told me Home Depot just changed the rules and showing an ID is no longer acceptable. You have to register at customer service. I did that and it's not a big deal. Show the ID, they enter your personal info into their data base and then to use the discount, you ask for it and enter your phone number at the keypad and I guess the Big Computer then authorizes your discount. They said this is a nationwide change. Heads up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge3398

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11717 by JD
Replied by JD on topic Re: Home Depot Military Discount
Shop lowes and you get the 10% discount and you don't have to give them your personal info. Also Lowes does not sponsor or support the GLTG life style.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11724 by Hank85713
I was just in the store about an hour a go, just used mil id as usual, no problems. About a year or so ago they were going to limit the mil discount but it died quickly. They have same a lowes just the id is all thats require.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11725 by johnandmari
Hank - The limit to the discount Does apply. I bought $691 of lumber yesterday (before tax), but the discount was limited to $50. Lowes does not limit the discount, as far as I know.
John

More
10 years 11 months ago #11726 by Frank A.
I've been in 2 different Home Depots in the past week and no problem with just showing ID. As for Lowe's. I wouldn't shop there if you paid the bill. I've been in their local store 3 times and couldn't get anyone to help me or knew how to help me. It was "I think it in Isle 12 or 13" or "Maybe go to Isle 15 and ask the person there." No thank you on Lowe's. I'll stick to Home Depot. And JD, what does this "GLTG" stand for? Sounds sorta bigoted to me.

More
10 years 11 months ago #11730 by cdrcos

Hank85713 wrote: I was just in the store about an hour a go, just used mil id as usual, no problems. About a year or so ago they were going to limit the mil discount but it died quickly. They have same a lowes just the id is all thats require.

I did have to "register" at my local Home Depot a while ago, but since then I just ask for the discount and show the ID card - same as Lowes. Maybe it was too much hassle...?

Regarding the discount, we received about $250 off a granite counter top for the home last fall with the military discount. The sales lady in Kitchens did have to go through some gyrations with the head cashier to make the computer take it, but it finally did. :cheer:

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds