3.6 126
Wyoming 107428
18 July - 28 July 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I made a reservation for the Frontier Days period and called 30 days prior to arrival to make the reservation. I was not given a confirmation number and was told they would call me back but that never happened. I called a couple days later and finally got a number. I arrived on the 18th with my motorhome and was given a very shallow site on the corner of the road which caused my rig to stick out a little too far into the road so I requested a change which they accommodated even though they had reserved the site for someone arriving a few days later. They told me that they had a caravan coming in in a couple days and I would probably have to move to the overflow site. I questioned why the caravan would have priority over me because I had made a reservation earlier than they had. She could not answer that question other than to say that her supervisor had told her to make room for the caravan. As it turned out I was never asked to move (if they had asked me to move I would have had a one on one discussion with the services commander). The hours of operation posted on their door shows only the months they are operational not the actual hours. Numerous campers asked me when someone would be manning the office because it appears to be sporadic at best. During a peak period such as Frontier Days they should have someone in the office for at least 12 hours per day! The first night I stayed there someone left two large dogs in their unit with the windows open and the dogs barked continually from 8pm to 10pm until they returned. There is no emergency tele number to call to report this kind of situation. I contacted the Security Police but they could not do anything until the owners returned. Overall we were satisfied with the campground. Having been stationed there for a total of 7 years we were familiar with the base, etc and had a good time getting reacquainted with the base updates and changes to facilities, etc. The famcamp personnel get overwhelmed during Frontier Days and it detracted from what should have been a routine camping experience.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or