3.6 126
Wyoming 107466
August 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Pretty little camp set among lots of trees, with a big green belt in between the two sections of the park. The downside to the greenbelt is there are lots of bugs and they will get into your rig. Mostly quiet - there were some helicopters buzzing overhead late at night a few nights, but I think it was just some temporary exercises. Wifi was ok most of the time. Verizon signal strong. A few o/a tv stations available, but no cable. The trees precluded my satellite radio from working, and I suspect in most of the sites, except the pull throughs, tv satellites will also not work. The camp looks as though it had a small initial section (sites 1-14), with the rest added on later. Those initial sites are really nice and roomy. The rest of the sites though, are very crowded together. The pull-throughs are all buddy sites, with not much space between buddys. Sites 26-32 are back ins, and they were designed by an idiot. Not only is there very little space between sites, but they are slanted so that your neighbor's sewer connection is right at your front door, and your sewer connection at your other neighbor's front door. Very awkward and unappealing. This is the main reason I rated this campground down - had I been in one of the nice spots, I probably would have rated it higher. The two employees I encountered were extremely friendly, and comically incompetent. Commissary is poorly stocked, but there is plenty of decent shopping in town. DO NOT follow GPS to the campground! There are three ways in, and two of them will send you under a low clearance bridge. As of August 2021, the only approved gate is Gate 5, off exit 12 of the freeway. From Gate 5, drive straight onto the main road (Central, turns into Missile) and go 2.6 miles. You will come to a gravel road with a sign saying "Famcamp Picnic Area. Turn in there and it will take you to the camp. Drive all the way past the campsites until you have to turn left, turn left and drive forward to the office. Poorly signed, pay attention.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or