4.2 55
Virginia 99232
Nov. 13 to Nov.23, 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We have stayed here before and would stay again...however a warning for Pine area- we had electric problems and ended up on 20 amp the whole stay vs 50 amp!! When we arrived the kids in the office did not make us aware of problems in the pine area...The next day when I went to pay the manager Judy asked me if we had problems with electric as she had been gone for a few days. We hadn't been around enuff the evening before to know about all the power surges we must have had-by Friday night we were on 20 amp! Someone that came in that night had been there last month and said a camper had blown his AC and someone else the microwave. We never saw a truck/repair person or any attempt to fix. We told others as they came in before a surprise. There was a planned power outage on Saturday before we left but we found out it was to fix the FBI academy problem not campground. I will definitely ask and double check three times before plugging into 50 amp again. Other than that it is beautiful and peaceful and we were sorry no FBI practice water rescues or exercises going on!! Spacious sites, no recycling and no diesel on base. If you are there in winter get the boys on guard duty a hot chocolate from Starbucks-it was cold!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or