4.2 55
Virginia 99375
6 June 07 - 16 June 07
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great place to camp and use as your base of operations for the Northern Virginia visit. Campground is clean and the spaces are large. There is a camp store with a few items on the shelf, daily or seasonal fishing licences, bait, gear and boat rentals and the staff is GREAT. There are playgrounds and picknic pavillions. Use the Virginia Railway Express in Quantico Town on main base to visit D.C. as I wouldnt recomend driving into D.C., the train is covenient and inexpensive and connects you to the metro train system that can literally get you anywhere you need to be. Fredricksburg and Manassas battlegrounds are nearby, Kings Dominion is a short drive, PX, Commisary, shoppettes and other post services a short drive on main post. There are no public showers and many clean outhouses in the grounds for those who camp in small units or tents, but water and electric at most every site. Careful when foraging for wood, the chiggers (red bugs) are very agresive, I know, I look like I have the chicken pox from all the bites! Still an outstanding experience that I WILL definately do again!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or