3.8 29
Virginia 90159
14 October 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

What a difference a month makes! We made our reservations on the DODLodging website based on the reviews here. The day before we arrived a lovely woman left a message on my phone providing my site number and a number I could call if we had any questions. We entered the base through Gate 6 and found the campground easily (there is one main road). Called the number provided and asked if we could occupy our site and then come down and check in. They were fine with that so we got the trailer unhorsed and plugged in and headed down to check in. All things MWR are in the One Stop building located at the end of Leyte Drive. Check in took 60 seconds and was basically an I.D. Check. The campground is perfectly described on the review below. We really liked it. Strangely, unlike that reviewer, we had no problem getting 2 bars of signal on our Verizon IPhones and 2 bars on our Sprint/T-Mobile MiFi. We did run the tv antenna up and got 56 channels of digital TV. Most, of course, were shopping/religious channels but all major networks and four channels of PBS. The washers in the boathouse have just been replaced and are free! Is it all pimped out like Sea Mist? Nope, but for $25 a night, a pretty sweet deal.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or