3.7 39
Virginia 75403
March 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our first ever RV camping as a shakedown to our new camper as we live nearby. And of course as a first timer pulling a 5th wheel camper no pull through site is available at the time. But I got lucky and able to back-in properly after 20 minutes. :-0 ) . This location is beautiful, very clean and well maintained! Small campground compared to Private or Public RV Parks but I think it's a norm to all military RV campgrounds. We enjoyed our stay here, there is a fishing pier inside and outside the campground, also there is short walking trail if you like to stretch your legs. Community fire pit, laundry and bathroom is available as others have mentioned. Full size PX and Commissary is only few miles away but gas station is pricey compared to most outside gas stations. Didn't use WiFi but our Winegard antenna picked up a lot of local stations. We will definitely comeback to this place although it's a bit pricey compared to 3 other military RV campgrounds we have been into since then. The only cons I will put here is the check-in process as a first time visitor. We were not told clearly that the MWR office is away from the campground and you have to keep an eye for the very small sign on your right as soon as you come down the steep hill, then you have to turn (10 point u-turn for me) around from the parking lot to go in the campground about 600 yards away. And of course I have to make a u-turn from the entrance gate first after I found out all of these. lol Other than that, we love this place.
Fort Belvoir Travel Camp
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or