3.6 10
Virginia 49870
20 SEP - 4 OCT 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Not a bad, small campground on NSA Northwest Annex in the southern part of Chesapeake, VA. As others have mentioned and I'll agree, it's easiest to approach the Annex using Route 168 in lieu of US 17, as it limits the distance you have to travel on the narrow and somewhat curvy Ballahack Rd. We called ahead when we turned onto Ballahack Rd. and security moved some barriers to ease our entrance at the gate on Relay Rd., but we'd have made it through the gate even if they hadn't. The Annex is pretty isolated with not a lot to do any less than 10-15 miles away, but it was convenient to family we have in the area and, therefore, ideal for us. The price was okay at $24 a night compared to the civilian parks in VA Beach (if you couldn't or didn't want to go to Sea Mist or Ocean Pines). The park has dirt roads that get muddy if it rains, but each site has a concrete pad that I believe is supposed to be 40' long, although some appear slightly shorter (I didn't get out a tape measure). We were a little apprehensive when we reserved the site as the MWR website states the sites accommodate 40' RVs and we are in 44' Class A. I looked at the park on Google and decided to give it a go. I'm glad we did, as we had no issues at all. I assume they are presuming the entire rig has to be on the concrete pad with no overhang. That said, even with our 44' motorhome, we had no problem whatsoever getting into site #12. Coach tires were completely on the pad with the rear overhang out over the pad. We even had room to park the towed in front of the coach. No issues with water, 50A power, or sewer (I think 9 of the 14 sites now have full hook ups and the other 5 have water and electric only). Verizon and ATT cell coverage is "meh" with 1-2 bars at the park. I'd say the worse part of this park is the mud mentioned previously and there are definitely some locations that will retain water after a heavy rain. We'd stay here again based on it's proximity to family, but wouldn't seek it out otherwise since it's kind of out of the way. All in all, not bad.
Stewart Campgrounds
Stewart Campgrounds
Stewart Campgrounds
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or