Utah 63512
1-3 Sep 2012
(Updated: September 19, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Directions to this campground are off slightly. These are from the Hill AFB directions given at the time of reservations: Carter Creek Camp is approximately 105 miles from Hill AFB, with an elevation of approximately 9000 feet. Take I-84/I-80 East up Weber Canyon to Evanston, Wyoming (exit 5), and Highway 150 South to the Bear River Service Station (mile mark 49). Go 1/10 of a mile and turn left (East); proceed approximately 4 miles to Carter Creek Camp, which is on the right side of the road (look for the sign). The road leading to Carter Creek Camp is gravel. Corrected GPS Coordinates are 40.914064,-110.771563. The camp is pretty well marked with signs. There are plenty of ATV trails in the area and they have an area designated just outside the camp to park it if you bring one. Cabins and Restrooms/showers were clean and well maintained. There's a few of the stationary campground grills next to the fire pit for you to use, or you can cook in the cabins via a small stove or microwave. The hiking trails right out of the campground provided an option without having to drive to a trailhead. There's a 1-mile nature trail they have marked with signs designating the different plant and animal life you may see. But there's also other trails that shoot off. They have a few maps hanging that show some of the more popular trails. Close fishing options are a bit scarce. I tried Lily Lake. Be prepared for a very rough approx 2 mile road if you choose this lake. Butterfly and Mirror Lakes were about 18 miles from the campground, south on Highway 150 and I was told these were better options. I'll definitely be going back next year!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 34 7

Comments

To write a comment please register or