Review Detail

4.0 31
February 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First time visiting JBSA Canyon Lake. I am impressed with the overall size of the combined facility (Sunnyside and Hancock Cove). I think I'd have preferred to be on Sunnyside for its spaciousness. Lots of wildlife... deer, especially! The daily price is a great value. The only drawback to an otherwise wonderful recreation facility is the state of disrepair and cleanliness of the main bathroom in the RV section of Hancock Cove; shower stalls are filthy with poor drainage and ripped shower curtains and privacy curtains. The only means to dry one's hands, the electric blower is non-functional. One of two toilets was covered with black plastic and could not be used. And, the entire men's room needed a thorough cleanout and pressure wash. Really, a pitiful bathroom facility for a park that includes spaces that don't provide water or sewage. If not for the bathroom, this park would have gotten a rave review. All that said and having learned from experience, I'd come back but only with a reservation for a full hookup site and preferably on the Sunnyside of the facility.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 16 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or