4.2 161
Texas 163399
Nov 5-19, 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We were very pleased over all with the facility. The concrete pads were very helpful for my wife who uses a walker. If you venture out in the "grass" you'll end up tracking goat heads into your rig. I feel sorry for kids and pets as goat heads are everywhere! The staff in the office is very friendly! We needed some unexpected repairs (both satellite dish and water heater crapped out) within 2 days of each other. Dorthy in the Marina office gave me the name of 3 mobile RV services and I used Mel with Gulf Coast RV Services. He was great! So, if you find yourself in need of repairs, he comes highly recommended! Much to my surprise the golf course is mostly brown grass, except for the greens, which were in pretty good shape. Since I'm a lousy golfer & use to paying in the ruff, it was "ok" for me, LOL! The price is right, $20 for twilight (13:00) during the week (including a cart). If you like fried seafood and Mexican food (including seafood) lots of good restaurants are in the area. A rather unique item to this area is "driving" on the beach! On both Padre Island and Mustang Island you're allowed to drive on the island and park right at the waters edge. Folks put their beach chairs in the surf and just chill out. It looked like one can walk 50+ yards out into the surf and only be chest deep. This time of the year the water temperature is 76 degrees, just right. Fishing is very big here as well as crabbing, snapper being pretty plentiful I was told. We'll come back again!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or