Featured
Tennessee 98639
July 7-11. 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Arrived late afternoon on Sunday 7/7/19. Must enter the base by the main gate at the intersection of Wasp Avenue and (TN 205) Navy Road. Learned that the South Gate is closed for renovation of the gate guard shelters until further notice. The main gate does have a serpentine entrance. It was a bit tight for our F150 & 28 ft airstream. I was told that big rigs don't have a problem using this gate (and there were a lot of big rigs at the campground). Upon arrival we stopped the mailbox that gave us instructions. We had reservations which guarantee a site. We looked around a picked an empty site to occupy. Within 10 minutes of arrival the weekend host greeted us and gave us instructions. We called the MWR Rec Center at 901-874-5455 (alternative # to one listed in book and best # to call) to report our site selection. I had several interactions with the full time host, Roxi. She was super helpful, friendly and seems a diligent and hard working campground host. The published phone number to reach camp host is 901-508-1992. This is our first military campground stay. The major disappointment was the state of the bathhouse - it is in dire need of attention. There is only 1 working shower (in the men's restroom). Both men and women's bathroom need renovation. Certainly not an acceptable situation in my mind. I use the provided showers typically because of mobility issues and having to take a shower there was not a pleasant experience. What we LOVED about this campground: The Commissary is literally next door. It's good sized and has everything you might want AND it's open on Sunday. Large and well stocked NEX Shopette and gas station 2 blocks away All sites are full hookup Spacious between sites Very secure and quiet Free laundry (2 large capacity washers and dryers) Friendly neighbors Dog park within walking distance Reasonably close to Memphis for sightseeing Free wifi. Speed test using Speedcheck campground provided wifi: download 3.0 Mbps and upload 2.8 Mbps. With Verizon hotspot and antennae: download 29.47 Mbps and upload 9.94 Mbps. Speeds were better early in the morning and later in the evening. We were able to stream videos from YouTube without a problem using our hotspot and antennae. Using our onboard antennae pointed to the nearest tower we were able to access 20 digital TV channels including ABC and CBS for local news and weather. We would certainly come back again.
Midway RV Park
Midway RV Park
Midway RV Park
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or