Review Detail

3.9 60
20 JUN 23 - 26 JUN 23
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Making a reservation here was painful. None of the posted phone numbers were answered and no one called me back until I climbed up the chain of command. Pretty straightforward reservation process once I got someone on the line. Arrival - Very easy to navigate to aside from the atrocious SC roadways. Wide open parking lot to park the rig and register. Four (4) people in the office and at the desk on a Tuesday with the phone ringing off the hook; the work ethic here leaves something to be desired. Site - Very long, ~ 60', back-in with a couple of trees to contend with but, very nice, concrete, and level. Good electricity and water pressure 45 - 50 psi; water quality was also very good. Well maintained area but the black and yellow bumblebee looking bees were everywhere and the DO STING; they're in the pine trees and on the ground in nests. Location - Out in the sticks approximately 10 miles from Fort Jackson. Nice crescent shaped lake with several cabins, pavilions, and a community center. Nice playground for the littles. Approximately 25 minutes to Congaree National Park. Negatives - Already touched on the reservation and bee issues. Everywhere is saturated with the rains so, expect a little standing water. The only other thing I found to be a negative is the need for a SC and Fort Jackson fishing license to fish on the lake; $16 total so not a deal breaker. Good place to be if you have someone graduating from Fort Jackson or if you want to go to Columbia, SC, or Congaree National Park. Good value @ $32.50/night.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or