4.3 121
South Carolina 135287
Aug 12-22, 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a small former mobile home park located on a non-gated Navy facility. It was easy to find and easy to access. The pads are in mostly pretty good shape and water and power were very reliable. The camp host is friendly and helpful. It is very quiet and we saw little traffic and plenty of open sites. It is close to Charleston and the Charleston Air Force Base. There are several sites to see in the area that provide historical background from the Revolutionary war, Civil War and up to today. We found an old cemetery not far away from the 1850's with some historic significance. Next to it was a German cemetery and a Greek cemetery plus a couple others. That was the good part. The bad part is this facility is very low on the priority list for maintenance. The grass was pretty high when we got there, and it was not cut during our stay. We saw a tree that had been damaged long enough ago that the leaves had dried up and nothing was done to clean it. Our first night saw our RV invaded by brown sugar ants, but some spray inside and ant killer outside stopped them. Be sure to bring ant killer. There are fire ants in the vicinity as well so be cautious where you step. We never found any laundry or shower facilities on the site but to be fair we didn't explore the whole site and we have our own in the RV. There is a Navy Exchange close by and a mini mart with a gas station but no diesel fuel that I saw. There is a McDonalds next to a Neighborhood Walmart a short distance from the Exchange but I would avoid the McD's. There reviews are poor and I found out why. I saw a crew member eating from a cooker basket and licking his fingers before going back to work on the food line. Even with the bad parts I would still stay again, but be better prepared for what I found.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or