4.3 121
South Carolina 135083
May, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Just to add a current - 2021- review for this Fam Camp. What I like best - the cost! $22/night for FHU is great! Be aware that you pay for your entire stay when making your reservation and their policy states no refunds. I don't know if that is a current policy (based on COVID situation everyone seems to offers refunds). Size of sites and space between sites is great! Most sites appear to be pretty level - ours definitely is. Some sites have a bit of shade - but we requested satellite friendly and it's perfect. We have not seen the camp host. We did get something to put in our window indicating our length of stay, but that's it. Not that I have needed to see the host, so not a big deal. The playground is taped off and unable to be used, however there are playgrounds in the housing area (within walking distance). We've had a LOT of rain and some sites have standing water, but not ours. Power outage at commissary and NEX yesterday for over 2 hours - no outage at the RV park. Yes, there are still ants.... No bathhouse or laundry at the park. Good Verizon and ATT reception. Hotspots worked great. DirecTV Satellite excellent. The commissary is great and open Tues-Sun. NEX is small. Everything you need nearby and great for exploring the area. We had a hard time getting someone on the phone to make reservations. Our site number was changed before arrival and we were not notified. Our email also indicated a 4 pm check-in and check in is NOON. Fortunately, I finally got someone on the phone before we arrived. Easy in and out for big rigs. Directions on this website are great. Our GPS wanted us to turn earlier, but directions here are less turns and super easy. No dog park (there is a very large one in the housing area next to the closest playground). You can walk or ride your bikes here. Even connects to a local trail. Definitely a good place to stay as long as you are aware that this is NOT an RV resort.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or