Review Detail

3.5 38
June 2023
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I made reservations for a FHU site on-line the day prior to arrival. We arrived on a Tuesday. I discovered later that the facilities near the campground are closed on Monday and Tuesday. I figured no big deal. I had a campsite assignment, so I drove there and set up. The next morning, a friendly campground host came over and said she did not have a reservation for me. To make a long story short, my reservation was at the Medicine Creek RV Park instead of the Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area (LETRA). So I packed up and moved to the Medicine Creek RV Park. By the way, both campsites were campsite #10. Both campgrounds are on Fort Sill property. The campground at LETRA is not much more than a parking lot with full hookups. The campground at Medicine Creek is smaller with back-in sites. I didn't like either campground. I wasn't in the mood to put up with the experience, so we left Medicine Creek and moved on. I wouldn't recommend either campground for the recreational camper. Unless you have a real good reason to be on Fort Sill, I would recommend camping somewhere else. A good place to start improvements is to re-number the campground campsites, so there is no duplication between the LETRA and Medicine Creek campsites. Also, pay attention to bathroom cleanliness. Campers are actually paying customers. The bathrooms should be clean and well-maintained.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or