4.0 95
North Carolina 160216
14-18 April 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First time here. I made reservations for 4 nights for full hookups, 50 amps. When we arrived, the staff in reception told us not to hook up our septic because the lift station wasn't working. We discovered later that it hadn't worked in months. Now that's not full hookups, is it? We still had to pay the full rate. They suggested we use the camp restrooms and gave us a site near the showers. They were individual rooms, a bit dated but cleaned daily (we saw the cleaning staff) and definitely old. As someone who likes showering and using the bathroom in my own rig, it was a bit inconvenient for us not to be able to connect to septic. Our site was a pull in. The electric and water were on the correct side, the septic was in the front (wrong) side. Pad was concrete. Roads were paved. Site was long and very level. No wifi so we used our jetpack. A couple sites were shady but most were open to the sky. No dog park but lots of acreage to walk the dogs. It's a small open base. No Exchange or commissary. The area is quiet, the beach is across the street. I'd stay here again but will make sure we can hook up to septic next time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or