4.0 95
North Carolina 160250
Feb. 7-9, 2023
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stayed in one of the cottages this trip. Cottages were fully equipped with dishes, cooking utensils, linen and some other things that were nice to have. The one bedroom cottage sleeps 2 so you get 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 spoons, 2 towels, etc. Maid service is contracted and the Reservation Center has nothing to hand out, so If you want more you must supply your own. Bring paper towels and napkins, as these are not furnished.The 1 bedroom cottages do not have a washing machine or dryer although I was told the 2,3 and 4 bedroom cottages do. I assume they also have more supplies. There are coin operated laundries in 2 locations that I saw and cost was one of the cheapest I have seen at $0.75 per load. They were clean and in good condition. The cottages were nice and clean, comfortable and close enough to the beach you can easily hear the surf. At this time of year it was very quiet in the compound and the village of Kure Beach was the same. Food is a bit expensive but it is a beach community so not entirely unexpected. Kure and Carolina Beach villages has pay parking everywhere but they do not collect fees in January and February. The Fort Fisher site is undergoing a long-term construction project but the Visitor Center is still open. The Aquarium close by is open but you need to purchase tickets online in advance. I scouted the RV spots and most of them have very long concrete pads which are in very good shape. There are a few that are still asphalted and could use some TLC but they are still usable. All of them had 30/50 Amp service, water, sewer and cable connections but I didn't get a chance to test them or ask anyone about quality. Wi-Fi was available and seemed to work adequately.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 14 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or