4.0 95
North Carolina 160266
August 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I have to agree with the previous comments. I RV a lot and stay at a lot of military campgrounds and this one needs a lot of TLC. I do come here often though because it is located directly across from the beach. My first constructive comment is that Ft Fisher needs a camp host for obvious reasons. Camp hosts usually care about their RV parks and a lot of the issues the previous person mentioned would be taken care of by a camp host. Ft Fisher Management doesn't really care about the condition of the RV park and it shows. Yes, the office ladies are pleasant and nice, however, they don't make any real decisions. The bath houses are disgusting. Laundry room is usually dirty. Internet rarely works. Dumpsters are always full. The new RV pads should have been constructed so that they were wider then 7-8 feet. The driveways for the pads are like a hundred feet long but the width is not nearly wide enough. Seems silly the bar and grill isn't open on the weekend or evenings but I guess it is contracted out to civilians and the RV park has nothing to do with it. The great things about this RV park is that it is across the street from the beach, they rent golf carts, kayaks, and small boats. There is a fishing pier. This military recreation area could be a real cash cow for the Air Force if it was managed better. I hope those in leadership at Seymore Johnson Air Force Base read this post and look into the concerns by its customers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 14 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
September 19, 2018
This Famcamp is closed until futher notice due to Damage from Hurricane Florence, and ongoing Flooding
Per Their Facebook post yesterday Sept 18th.
1 results - showing 1 - 1