Review Detail

3.8 40
May 8-12, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

After full-timing it for 5 years, I can say I’ve been to many, many DOD campgrounds, so I’m aware of what’s possible. Spent three nights at Fort Drum in “Officer’s Loop,” the new stretch of RV sites there. It was peaceful, and the staff I spoke to (Steve and Abby) weren’t just polite they were delightful to talk to. Nevertheless, there is nothing but a hook-up site for the $35 you pay to be there. Perhaps they have plans, but so far there are no other amenities, and you’d have to rent a jetpack instead of gaining access to a site WIFI account. You do get a picnic table..... :o) Normally if you pay $35/night you get laundry rooms, showers, a small rec room/day room, dog park area, etc. So either Remington is in the midst of growing pains or this is Army life and ya better suck it up. Not sure which! LOL However, I had a very peaceful escape, and that’s just what I was searching for. Fort Drum is a great northern NY location from which to see lots of what the Finger Lakes are of the state has to offer. If you read the Army post’s website, you’ll discover there are some 15,000 troops there with the Mountain Division. I saw troops marching here and there, and the PX was loaded with them getting lunch in the food court, which has Qdoba, Panda Express and lots of great kiosk vendors. I will be going back.....my needs are simple and Steve and Abby made it seem very welcoming. Thanks!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or